11th Oct. 2018 – 8th Nov. 2018
3rd Jan. 2019 – 31st Jan.2019
18th Mar. 2019 – 13th Apr.2019
(8:00 am – 4:30 pm)
Aithein, Agonda Beach, Goa, India
About the Course
Ayurveda follows the logic of nature. As it originated in India, one might come to think that it would only apply to situations in its country of origin. However fundamentally, the logic of nature is universal. This means Ayurveda can be made to work in western context as well. You will be shown ways to practically use it in your own country.
Ayurveda is taught in a way where you can first use it or apply it in your own life and when you actually have the experience you can apply to help others. For this reason, in 4-weeks Ayurveda massage course the emphasis is on helping the students to first experience Ayurveda on themselves and then instruct them on how to use it on others.
According to the teachings of Ayurveda, physical body and emotional body are inseparable. Fully feeling and integrating our emotions into a state of natural harmony greatly benefits physical health, and likewise it harmonizes the emotions. Therefore, in this course you will practically experience ways to deal with unresolved emotional issues for better health.
Traditionally Ayurveda has been taught as a transmission of experiential knowledge. Gagori has experienced, through working with her clients, on herself what she actually teaches. This is the reason she imparts real knowledge rather than theoretical book knowledge. She fosters an open communication and dialogues between teacher and students which in the past was called Guru-Shishya parampara; the flow of knowledge from one generation to the next.
The full spectrum experiential approach to teaching Ayurveda is unique to the Aithein curriculum. You will not find it in any other school.
The 4-weeks course for Ayurveda has been prepared by well qualified and experienced teachers and professionals involved in the field of Ayurveda and Panchakarma, with a strong academic and healing background. The aim of the course is to provide authentic, meaningful and practical knowledge about the various practices and massage therapies of Ayurveda.
- Ayurveda: An Introduction
- How is Ayurveda defined
- The characteristics of Ayurveda
- Objectives of Ayurveda
- Ayurveda: A glimpse at its history
- Different divisions under Ayurveda
- The ‘five classical elements’ concept (Pancha Maha Bhuta)
- The ‘Vital Energies’ concept (Tridosha)
- The ‘Seven Body Tissues’ concept (Saptha Dhatus)
- The concept of Waste Products (Mala)
- The concept of Digestive Fire (Agni)
- The theory of Alimentary Tract (Koshtas)
- The different Body Types (Deha Prakruti)
- The preparation of Panchakarma (Poorva karma)
- Introduction to Oleation (Sneha Karma)
- External Oleation (Abhyanga)
- Head Oleation (Shiro Abhyanga)
- Face Oleation (Mukha Abhyanga)
- Sudation Therapy (Sweda Karma)
- Using Warm Poultice (Upanaha Sweda)
- Using Herbal Steam Bags (Ushma Sweda)
- Using Steam (Drava Sweda)
- Other Sudation Therapies without using fire
- Advantages of Sudation Therapy
- Post therapy plan
- Fomentation Therapy (Tapa Sweda)
- Five Therapeutic measures of Ayurveda (Panchakarma Therapy)
- Emesis Therapy (Vamana)
- Purgation Therapy (Virechana)
- Enema Therapy (Vasti)
- Nasal Therapy (Nasya)
- Blood Letting Therapy (Rekta Moksha)
- Theory of Kalari Massage (Traditional Indian Sports Massage)
- The importance and methodology of Pulse Diagnosis
- Characteristics and uses of various herbal oils in Ayurveda Therapy
- Ayurvedic Massage for the Head
- Ayurvedic Massage for the Face
- Ayurvedic Massage for full body with oil (Abhyanga)
- Kalari Massage (Traditional Indian Sports Massage)
- Shirodhara Massage
- Using Oil
- Using Medicated Milk
- Massage with warm bags and Harbal Oils
- Using Herbal Powders (Podi Kizhi)
- Using Herbal Leaves (Ela Kizhi)
- Using Herbal Rice (Navara Kizhi)
- Dry Massage with Herbal Powders used for obesity (Udhwarthana)
- Oil Bathing (Kaya Seka)
- Various local treatments
- For backache (Kadi Vasti)
- For neck pain (Greeva Vasti)
- For knee pain (Janu Vasti)
- Nasal Medication for cleansing the head (Nasya)
- A Practical Session on Pulse Diagnosis
Why study at Aithein ?
As one of the most premium Ayurveda Institutes in the country, we provide the most specialized and professional healing courses. We strive to provide one-on-one sessions with our qualified teachers as well as a peaceful and supportive studying and working environment for our students to learn.
With our years of experience in this field, Aithein provides all the necessary tools and techniques to our students to equip them for their bright future ahead. Our course and institute is recognized by the ‘Government of India’ and each student, on the completion of their course, will receive a certificate from our institute approved by the government.
Our course provides an additional advantage as it provides not just theoretical and practical session on Ayurveda, but also a comprehensive training that develops your communication and client management skills, along with making our students self-aware and self-observant of the knowledge they receive during the course.
Your day at Aithein will be spent like this:
8 am – 9 am – Yoga and meditation
9 am – 10 am – Breakfast break
10 am – 12 noon – Ayurveda theory
12 noon – 2.00 pm – Lunch break
2.00 pm – 4.30 pm – Therapy practical
Includes: Tuition fee and course material given by us.
Excludes: Food, accommodation, books, travel etc.
100% payment needs to be submitted before commencement of the 4 Weeks Ayurveda Massage Course. Failure to make payment on time will result in students being excluded from the course.
The institute will conduct examinations towards the end of the 4 Weeks Ayurveda Massage Course
Theory : 60 minutes
Practice : 30 minutes
You can enroll in the 4 weeks Ayurveda Massage Course at Aithein by paying an advance payment/registration fee of INR 10000 (part of course fee) for each individual booking. Each additional course will require a separate enrollment & deposit. (All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable)
Balance course fee must be paid in cash before the course commences either in Euros, US Dollars, British Pounds or INR. No other currency will be accepted.
English would be the medium of instruction.
You need not get anybody with you as model. As your trainer or students in your batch becomes your model, and students practice on each other.
Photograph and video in any course is strictly prohibited.
Code of Ethics:- The courses require a certain amount of physical contact between students which may be of a sensitive and personal level and you are expected to adhere to the guidelines set out below:-
Zero tolerance of sexual harassment, innuendo, language and any form of discrimination on the grounds of sexuality
Zero tolerance of racist attitudes and language.
Cancellation Policy: The course fee is non-refundable, non-cancellable and non-transferable.
Due to teacher cancellations, low bookings or other situations outside our control some courses may be temporarily or permanently unavailable. We reserve the right to make any changes to our programme, courses or teachers. Alternative arrangements are offered to the best of our ability but, if not taken up, we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare.