Guava is a tropical fruit with its unique taste, flavor and immense health-benefits. It’s a fruit rich in nutrients. This fruit, with its benefits, fits in the category, often called “super-fruits.”
A guava tree is low-growing small tree widely seen across Asian countries. Guavas can withstand both humid and dry climates and also brief periods of cold weather.
According to Ayurveda, guava is an astringent and a sweet tasting fruit. It balances all the three Doshas: namely, Vata, Pitta & Kapha.
Health Benefits of Guava
- Weight loss : Guava is very helpful for those who want to lose weight. It is very high in fiber and rich in minerals, proteins and vitamins. It has zero cholesterol. It is a is very filling fruit and can easily satisfy the appetite.
- Diabetes: Raw guava, also has much less sugar as compared to other fruits, e.g. oranges, grapes and apples. So, it can help people who suffer from diabetes. The high level of fiber in guava also helps to control the absorption of sugar by the body.
- Eyesight: Guava is rich in vitamin-A, hence is extremely good for eyesight. It improves general health of eyes.
- Cancer Prevention: The most important benefit of Guava is its ability to prevent the growth of cancer cells. A number of studies indicate that guava effects for the most part on prostate cancer, breast cancer, and oral cancers. Guava is rich in antioxidants that can reduce prostate cancer risk and prevent the growth of breast cancer cells.
- Constipation: Guava is one of the richest sources of fiber in terms of fruit. The seeds of Guava serve as excellent laxatives. These 2 properties of guava help in healthy bowel movements, thereby cleaning your excretory system and intestines, so as to help maintain homeostasis and prevent damage to the body.