3rd Apr. 2014 – 13th Apr. 2014
Monday – Friday
(4:00 pm – 6:00 pm)
Aithein, Agonda Beach, Goa, India
About the Course:
The Chavutti Thirumal massage is a traditional form of massage, practiced during the ancient times in Kerala. It was originated primarily for soldiers involved in combat, dancers and people who were involved in a lot of strenuous work. In the present times, it is recommended for people from all walks of life, especially for those who do not get much physical activity during the day.
Students undertaking the course would learn the art of massaging by applying pressure on the body with their feet. The feet provide an even and deeper pressure on the body, as compared to the hand. They will learn and practice balancing with a rope overhead, and provide massage on specific pressure points through long, deep and effective strokes on the body.
The student will gain immense knowledge on the use of their body weight in removing stiffness and soreness from the muscles and providing suppleness to the recipient’s body, focusing on their bones and muscle alignments.
The Chavutti Thirumal (rope massage course) includes the following:
- A history and background study of Chavutti Thirumal
- An analysis of the importance of good posture and breathing for the practitioner
- An understanding of the body’s energy system, and how the practitioner’s feet are to be used for the massage
- The synergy of foot movement, body posture and breathing along with the application of pressure
- Practical applications of foot strokes
- Contraindications of Chavutti Thirumal
Why study at Aithein ?
The Chavutti Thirumal Rope Massage course at Aithein is supervised by our principal trainer, Gagori Mitra, who has received her training from a Kalari master of more than 65 years of experience. At our institute, we not only provide the right technique, but students can also gather a deep understanding of the internal and external challenges that a human body undergoes in various stages of their life.
At Aithein, students will be provided with all the necessary facilities required for practicing an effective Chavutti Thirumal massage and will receive more than adequate practical exposure, benefiting the posture and mental focus of their own as well as their future clients’ wellbeing.
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm – Therapy practical & Theory
- Includes: Tuition fee and course material given by us.
- Excludes: Food, accommodation, books, travel etc.
- 100% payment needs to be submitted before commencement of the course. Failure to make payment on time will result in students being excluded from the course.
The institute will conduct examinations towards the end of the course.
Theory : 60 minutes
Practice : 30 minutes
- You can enrol in a course at Aithein by paying a deposit of 100 € (part of course fee) for each individual booking. Each additional course will require a separate enrolment & deposit. (All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable)
- Balance course fee must be paid in cash before the course commences either in Euros, US Dollars, British Pounds or INR. No other currency will be accepted.
- English would be the medium of instruction.
- You need not get anybody with you as model. As your trainer or students in your batch becomes your model, and students practice on each other.
- Photograph and video in any course is strictly prohibited.
- Code of Ethics:- The courses require a certain amount of physical contact between students which may be of a sensitive and personal level and you are expected to adhere to the guidelines set out below:-
- Zero tolerance of sexual harassment, innuendo, language and any form of discrimination on the grounds of sexuality
- Zero tolerance of racist attitudes and language.
- Cancellation Policy: The course fee is non-refundable, non-cancellable and non-transferable.
- Due to teacher cancellations, low bookings or other situations outside our control some courses may be temporarily or permanently unavailable. We reserve the right to make any changes to our programme, courses or teachers. Alternative arrangements are offered to the best of our ability but, if not taken up, we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare.