12th Nov. 2018 – 29th Nov. 2018
4th Feb. 2019 – 21st Feb. 2019
(10:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Aithein, Agonda Beach, Goa, India
About the Course
‘Marma’ simply defined, are the junctures in the body where five elements meet, i.e., muscles, vessels, bones, ligaments and joints. According to the scriptures, there are 107 marma points in the body (108th is the mind) which is vulnerable to pain and can cause long-term effects to the body.
While studying the siddha marma points massage course, students will understand the benefits of various marma points in the body. The understanding of marma points is extremely beneficial in treatment of various illnesses and during diagnosis of diseases. Further, they will learn the correct methodology of stimulation of different marma points and how it relaxes and rejuvenates the entire body during a massage, providing a sense of positivity and vitality to their client.
Aithein provides full time course for Siddha Marma Points Massage based on Ayurvedic concepts that diverges deeper into the marma points of the human body. During the course, we would disseminate information to the students about the specific and powerful points of marma that can be triggered to provide maximum benefits to their clients.
SIDDHA is a unique form of Ayurveda concept taught only at Aithein!
The Siddha Marma Points Massage course includes:
History of Marma Points massage
You will learn how the birth of marma took place and its importance.
Learning the three doshas
You will learn about the characteristics and distinctions between Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Hands-on Marma Massage
You will learn detailed step-by-step procedure of providing marma massage to your client.
Study of each marma point
You will learn about each marma point, its locations in the human body and its benefits.
Advantages of Marma Points Massage
You will learn about the benefits in terms of releasing physical and emotional toxins and rejuvenation of the body on the application of marma massage.
- Detailed history of Marma Points massage: We look into how the discovery of marma took place and its importance
- Learning the three doshas (Tridosha theory): Students will learn about the characteristics and distinctions between Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Diverse temperaments: They will observe and learn how individuals with different doshas have different temperaments
- Pulse Reading and Diagnosis: Students will learn the importance of understanding the condition of the body by the pulse of their clients. It will also assist in diagnosing the imbalances of Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Advantages of Marma Points Massage: Students will learn about the benefits in terms of releasing physical and emotional toxins and rejuvenation of the body on the application of marma massage
- Factors when Marma Massage should not be advised: A detailed list and conditions along with the logic of not using the marma system of providing relief. We would also explain alternatives in such cases
- Practical Massage Session: Students will learn detailed step-by-step procedure of providing this massage to the client
- The Human Body and Marma: The treatment is not only limited to the physical aspects of the human body but also the psychological aspects. The students will understand its effects on their clients.
- Detailed study of each marma point: Learning about each marma point.
- Learning to press each point: How long to hold each point and when to release a point?
- Relation of each marma point with its corresponding organ: The organ with which a marma point is related to, what it does and how you can heal the organ.
Why study at Aithein?
1. We provide detailed theory and the study of each Marma Point.
2. We also provide information about each point’s effects on the body, mind and spirit.
3. In the siddha marma points massage course, we make the student aware of the healing aspects.
4. Our principal instructor, Gagori Mitra, has years of experience and has received the knowledge from a traditional Siddha Vaidya (ayurvedic physician).
5. She assists the students in providing complete knowledge and training in the siddha and ayurveda theories involved in this massage therapy.
Sari Giraud, Dominica
Your day at Aithein during your study of the unique Siddha Marma Points Massage Course will be spent like this:
10:00 am – 12:00 noon – Class hours
12:00 noon – 2.00 pm – Lunch break
2.00 pm – 5.00 pm – Class hours
The institute will conduct examinations towards the end of the Siddha Marma Points Massage Course
Theory : 60 minutes
Practice : 30 minutes
What is Marma point?
Marma’s are very specific vital points in our body. These are hidden or secret. But since the Siddha’s or accomplished masters learnt this art through meditation. The marma points are very powerful. You will learn this ancient wisdom of Marma by pressing these exact points, how long to press or hold this point, benefits related to each point.
What are the benefits of Siddha marma points?
Siddha Marma points are also called the vulnerable spots and are the life giving spots of human body. As they hold Prana or Chi or Qi or life force energy.
Siddha Marma points therapy is also a complete naturalistic healing system to rejuvenate the body by eliminating toxic imbalances to restore resistance and good health in the highly stressful environment of modern times.
Marma Practitioners use marma-point massage to stimulate healing in areas that correspond to particular organ in the body.
How will learning marma points benefit you?
You will be able to treat your friends, family, clients with different ailments like insomnia, headaches, constipation, arthritis – to name a few. You can also treat children with bed-wetting problems.
How many hours is the Siddha Marma course?
Siddha Marma course is of 75 hours.
Do I receive a certificate after the course?
Yes, you will receive a certificate at the end of the course from our school which is approved by Govt of India.
Does the course include manual?
Yes. The course includes a course manual which is included in the course fees along-with the oils, massage tables, massage sheets.
Will I be able use this certificate or will it be valid in my country?
Every country has their licensing procedures. Some of the countries like UK and Europe have CIBTAC or other certification boards, but you need to give exam through this particular certification boards to become a licensed massage therapist. When you are a licensed massage therapist our certificate is valid in your country.
United States has their own licensing procedures and if you are planning to add Continuing Education hours (CE hours), our certificate is valid for CE hours.
Is there any specific book on Marma points?
There is no specific book for Marma points; I learnt it from a traditional Siddha teacher. His name was Kumar Swami.
In India when you learn from a traditional teacher or master; they do not give you any books they teach from their experience.
I’m being one of the vehicles to keep the tradition and share this ancient knowledge, so that it does not die.
Complete the online application form (you will hear from us within 48 hours). If you do not receive a reply within the above mentioned period please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are accepted for the course, you will be required to pay a deposit via PayPal to confirm your booking (other payment options available). Your place on the course will be confirmed only upon receipt of the deposit amount.
Your balance is due on arrival at the Aithein Institute.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT:
An early bird discount is offered if you book your seat atleast 1 month in advance.
All our packages include course fee, course manual, oils, massage sheets and any other ingredients required for the course.
We will provide your requested accommodation on first come first serve basis. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
For students who are staying in the school accommodation: you can use the Kitchen without any extra charge. You can cook your own food and buy your own ingredients. There are stores nearby to buy all the things you need. This facility is STRICTLY only for students who are staying with us.
Travel, Airport transfers, insurance, any other liability etc. are not included.
Welcome meetings are generally held between 4 – 5 pm on the day before the course start date. Please read the enrolment instructions carefully. These will be sent to you after your place has been booked on your chosen course.
One day before your chosen course start date.
Before 11.00 am on the day after your chosen course end date.
The initial deposit is strictly non refundable and non transferable in any case.
All the courses are in English.
You need not get anybody with you as model. Your trainer or students in your batch becomes your model, and students practice on each other.
The course fee is non-refundable, non-cancellable and non-transferable.
CODE OF ETHICS:
The courses require a certain amount of physical contact between students which may be of a sensitive and personal level and you are expected to adhere to the guidelines set out below:-
Zero tolerance of sexual harassment, innuendo, language and any form of discrimination on the grounds of sexuality.
Zero tolerance of racist attitudes and language.
Marma Acupressure Point
Hasta Kshipra - at the midpoint of the base of the thumb nail
Benefits of ‘Hasta Kshipra’ Marma Acupressure Point
1. Benefits the hand
2. Relieves headaches
3. Enhances flow of prana to the lungs and brain
4. Reduces Vertigo
Marma Therapy Massage Course
Why this course is called Siddha Marma Points Massage course?
Siddha Marma comes from the Siddha system of medicine.
The Siddhas apart from making herbal medicines found different points in the body which helped different organs in the body and thus healed different ailments.
Who are the Siddhas?
In Sanskrit Siddha means “accomplished one”. The Siddha’s transmitted their knowledge between the 7th and 11th century.
The Siddhas realized that ordinary activities are useless as the husk on a grain of a mustard seed. The Siddhas discarded their worldly preoccupations, gain and loss, praise or blame and dedicated their lives developing the system.
They practiced intense yogic practices, including years of fasting and meditation, and believed to have achieved super natural powers and gained the supreme wisdom.