3rd Feb. 2015 – 13th Feb. 2015
e-mail us for latest fees:
(9:00 am – 4:00 pm)
Aithein, Agonda Beach, Goa, India
About the Course
‘Marma’ simply defined, are the junctures in the body where five elements meet, i.e., muscles, vessels, bones, ligaments and joints. According to the scriptures, there are 107 marma points in the body (108th is the mind) which is vulnerable to pain and can cause long-term effects to the body.
While studying the siddha marma massage course, students will understand the benefits of various marma points in the body. The understanding of marma points is extremely beneficial in treatment of various illnesses and during diagnosis of diseases. Further, they will learn the correct methodology of stimulation of different points and how it relaxes and rejuvenates the entire body during a massage, providing a sense of positivity and vitality to their client.
Aithein provides full time course for Siddha Marma based on Ayurvedic concepts that diverges deeper into the marma points of the human body. During the course, we would disseminate information to the students about the specific and powerful points of marma that can be triggered to provide maximum benefits to their clients.
SIDDHA is a unique form of Ayurveda concept taught only at Aithein!The Siddha Marma Massage course includes:
- Detailed history of Marma massage: We look into how the discovery of marma took place and its importance
- Learning the three doshas (Tridosha theory): Students will learn about the characteristics and distinctions between Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Diverse temperaments: They will observe and learn how individuals with different doshas have different temperaments
- Pulse Reading and Diagnosis: Students will learn the importance of understanding the condition of the body by the pulse of their clients. It will also assist in diagnosing the imbalances of Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Advantages of Marma Massage: Students will learn about the benefits in terms of releasing physical and emotional toxins and rejuvenation of the body on the application of marma massage
- Factors when Marma Massage should not be advised: A detailed list and conditions along with the logic of not using the marma system of providing relief. We would also explain alternatives in such cases
- Practical Massage Session: Students will learn detailed step-by-step procedure of providing this massage to the client
- The Human Body and Marma: The treatment is not only limited to the physical aspects of the human body but also the psychological aspects. The students will understand its effects on their clients.
- Detailed study of each marma point: Learning about each marma point.
- Learning to press each point: How long to hold each point and when to release a point?
- Relation of each marma point with its corresponding organ: The organ with which a marma point is related to, what it does and how you can heal the organ.
Why study at Aithein ?
At Aithein, our teachers not only provide detailed theory and the study of Siddha Marma, but we also provide information about its effects on the body, mind and spirit of the human body. This course provides both the healing aspects as well as the core knowledge that can be disseminated to the clients.
Our principal instructor, Gagori Mitra, has years of experience and has received the knowledge from a traditional Siddha Vaidya (ayurvedic physician). She assists the students in providing complete knowledge and training in the siddha and ayurveda theories involved in this massage therapy.
Your day at Aithein will be spent like this:
10:00 am – 12:00 noon – Class hours
12:00 noon – 1.30 pm – Lunch break
1.30 pm – 5.00 pm – Class hours
- Includes: Tuition fee and course material given by us.
- Excludes: Food, accommodation, books, travel etc.
- 100% payment needs to be submitted before commencement of the course. Failure to make payment on time will result in students being excluded from the course.
The institute will conduct examinations towards the end of the course
Theory : 60 minutes
Practice : 30 minutes
Terms and Conditions
- You can enrol in a course at Aithein by paying a deposit of 100 € (part of course fee) for each individual booking. Each additional course will require a separate enrolment & deposit. (All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable)
- Balance course fee must be paid in cash before the course commences either in Euros, US Dollars, British Pounds or INR. No other currency will be accepted.
- English would be the medium of instruction.
- You need not get anybody with you as model. As your trainer or students in your batch becomes your model, and students practice on each other.
- Photograph and video in any course is strictly prohibited.
- Code of Ethics:- The courses require a certain amount of physical contact between students which may be of a sensitive and personal level and you are expected to adhere to the guidelines set out below:-
- Zero tolerance of sexual harassment, innuendo, language and any form of discrimination on the grounds of sexuality
- Zero tolerance of racist attitudes and language.
- Cancellation Policy: The course fee is non-refundable, non-cancellable and non-transferable.
- Due to teacher cancellations, low bookings or other situations outside our control some courses may be temporarily or permanently unavailable. We reserve the right to make any changes to our programme, courses or teachers. Alternative arrangements are offered to the best of our ability but, if not taken up, we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare.