MARMA THERAPY is a 5,000-year-old Indian Ayurvedic practice and the main focus of marma therapy is the opening of energy channels for healing the body, mind, and spirit.
The Sanskrit word “marma” actually means vulnerable point. Marma therapy harnesses the energies in the marma points for healing. Simply, Marma Therapy has an effect on the subtle energy of Marma points to relieve stiff muscles and boost blood circulation.
Marma therapy has an immediate healing and relaxing effect on the body when used as a treatment for others or as a self-treatment. Marma therapy involves subtle, and sometimes a more profound touch on marma points. The touch can bring about immense healing and rejuvenation.
“Marma Therapy is the energy healing of Ayurveda practice.”
Marma Therapy influenced the development of Chinese acupuncture. Ayurveda and Chinese medicines believe energy (Prana) stagnates in Marma points and both focus on freeing this energy in their healing practices.
Marma points are doorways to the 7 Chakras – centers in your body in which energy flows through.
In general, there are 107 Marma points in the human body. Marma points are points where the veins (Sira), ligament (Snayu), muscles (mamsa), bones (Asthi) and Joints (Sandhi) meet. More so, these special points (Sthana) in the body, if injured might lead to disability, disease or even a fatal condition.
“Marma Therapy is best practiced with sensitive hands and a proper training from a marma teacher.”
Some Marma points in the body are;
Talahridaya – located at the heart of the hand
Indrabasti – refers to the god Indra’s arrow at the center of the calf muscle
Phana – the serpent’s hood located at the side of the nostrils
What are the Benefits of MARMA THERAPY?
- Self-care and self-healing practices – Great health and happiness does not lie outside your body, rather it lies within. A mastery of Marma Therapy enables you to tap into the great benefits of your health and happiness.
- Marma Therapy offers a deep sense of relief, both distally and locally.
- Removal of all toxins from the body is done easily by a good healing session of Marma Therapy.
- Marma Therapy improves absorption of food and digestion in the body.
- The functioning of body organs can be improved by a healing session of Marma Therapy.
- Marma Therapy gives you a glowing look and a healthier skin.
- Your body systems are detoxified at all levels with Marma Therapy.
- Marma Therapy removes neuro-chemicals from the body, such as serotonin and melatonin. Removal of such neuro-chemicals improves mental abilities. It allows you to enjoy a deeper sleep.
- A good Marma Therapy massage changes one’s perception for the better.
- Marma Therapy improves consciousness and awareness to life in general.
- To increase creativity and renew life-energy, an effective Marma Therapy massage goes a long way.
- Marma Therapy balances your body’s temperature level.
- Your body’s immunity, digestive, neural, respiratory and psychological systems get improved if you take regular Marma Therapy massages.
- With Marma Therapy, you can control your motor and sensory organs and energy levels. As a result, you can control your mind and body.
Indeed, the benefits of Marma therapy are huge and can grant you a deeper connection with your whole self (body, mind, and spirit). Plus, it also offers you an opportunity to release excess energy in your body.
“Marma Therapy is recommended for anyone who wants to be more productive, live a better life and enjoy a high sense of awareness”